In order to successfully run a business, it is very important to get feedback from customers. Unless you get proper feedback, it will be extremely difficult for you to improve the quality of your product and service. Fortunately, collecting feedback is not a very difficult process. Here are 5 ways to get feedback from customers:
1. Feedback Boxes: Whenever anyone is going through your website, he or she will always be constantly thinking of ways to make your website look better. Maybe they are not impressed with some aspects of your website or maybe one of your links is broken. Unless the problem is very serious, they won’t reach out to your support team. They will just ignore your site and find a better website. Hence, if you add a Feedback Box below your website asking ” How can we make the website better for you? , it will be much easier for all your visitors. Since it is easily accessible, they will be more than happy to share all the issues which they are facing.
2. Support Forums: You probably have to deal with plenty of phone calls from your customers on a regular basis. Instead of dealing with each call individually, it will be much easier for you to host a support forum or use a third party support forum. In the support forum, your customers will post queries and you will answer them. The main advantage is that most of the queries are common. Hence, once you have answered some of the basic queries, your job is almost done. However, you have to hire a moderator to look after your forum so that there are no spam messages.
3. Social Media: You should also take the help of social media to get some valuable feedback. In the different social media platforms, people will be always talking about your business. You just have to do a hashtag search to find out what people are saying about your brand. What social media you should use depends on your customers and the nature of your industry. However, irrespective of the nature of your business, being active on Facebook and Twitter is a must. After that, you have to select industry specific sites. For example, if you are a tour company, you should be active on TripAdvisor. If you own a restaurant, you should be active at Yelp.
4. Direct outreach: These feedback boxes and support forums are a bit impersonal. In order to get quality feedback, the best option is to directly contact the customers and conduct an interview. Ask them about their experience of using your product and whether they want any changes or not. If the interview is positive, you can also use it as a marketing tool to promote your product.
5. Customer Survey Questions: Surveys are also an extremely effective way to get valuable customer feedback. They are also quite easy to create. If you manage to design the questionnaire properly, then you will get to know a lot about your product. However, don’t make it too long. Keep it short and concise. And apart from rating scales and multiple choice questions, you should also include a few open ended questions to get a better understanding of the customer’s experience.